The Minipong Shield contains an 5x7 matrix and plugs into an Arduino Promini or Promicro. By controlling the state of the pins all LEDs can be individually turned on or off and patterns can be controlled.
Lets start with the theory for a single color multiplexed matrix:
Soldering The Shield
- 5 resistors
- 1 LED matrix (LTP747 or 757AS)
- 1 button
- 2 female pin headers
To solder the shield follow these steps:
- Solder the resistors.
- Solder the matrix (for the LTP747 the text is on the oppostite side from pin 1, for the 757AS the text is on the same side as pin 1).
- Solder the button.
- Soler the pin headers.
Building the Case
- Glue all sides of the case together except the back.
- Wait for glue to dry. rubber bands can be used to hold the case together while it dries).
- Plug the shield into the Arduino.
- Place the shield and Arduino into the case.
- Close the case. Friction and the cables should hold the unglued side in place.