How 7 segment displays work:
How buttons work:
- LTC-2623 4 digit 7 segment display
- 9 220 ohm resistors
- Buzzer or speaker
- Female pin headers
- Arduino Pro Mini
Soldering the Shield
- Solder the resistors onto the PCB.
- Solder the button onto the PCB.
- Solder the 7 segment display onto the PCB so that decimal places on the display are on the “by: Emily Hammes” side.
- Bend the leads to a 90 degree angle and solder the speaker onto the board.
- Solder the pin headers onto the board.
- Plug the board into the Arduino Pro Mini so that the program header is above the speaker on the alarm clock shield.